Saturday, January 14, 2006

Monotonous Delight?


It sounds a bit quirky, I know. How else could I describe my life in two words? There are days when I think that the monotony of my life will be the end of me for sure. Then I think of all the "delights" in my life and it sort of balances out the scale. My main delights are my two beautiful daughters whom I have the privilage of being able to stay at home to raise. Don't get me wrong here people, it is not always rainbows and flowers and laughter. There are some pretty dark, sticky, someone puked on the floor, the house is a disaster days as well. The latter seems to dominate lately. That being said, I embark on this journey to share my little bit of craziness with all my friends and family and whoever might give a rats arse along the way. Monotonous Delight. Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? I don't know. I give what I can but I hope to give a little more each day.
Rochelle

....in a time lacking in truth and certainty
and filled with anguish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in
attempting to give back to the world, through her work,
a portion of its lost heart.
--Louise Bogan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great title and very insightful...

momila said...

Hi Rochelle, Tyler, Kate & Ella Grace,
I LOVED your comment on motherhood...after 28+ years I still feel the same --it's the best and worst job on earth and I'd do it all over again. Fun to see some pics of your darling girls..we miss seeing you at the Oakesons!! Pst some new photos of the girls, I hear Ella Grace is really a big girl now!
Buffy

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»