Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Boring......Did You Read the Title of This Blog?

My life is freakin' boring. I can't believe that I have not posted for two weeks! What have I been doing? If the past two weeks were like today, the answer to that question is, "surviving". Here is what my day was today.

  • Wake up
  • Get Kate up and off to school.
  • Get back in bed until Ella gets up.
  • Watch cartoons with Ella until 11am in bed.
  • Get up and get dressed/semi-ready for the day.
  • Make my bed and fold some laundry.
  • Make Ella lunch.
  • Force Ella to eat her lunch.
  • Hope Ella ate enough lunch so that she is not a PIA for the rest of the afternoon.
  • Open a diet coke (late in the day for me. I usually start early!) and eat some pot stickers.
  • Go outside with Ella and proceed to spend the next two hours chatting with my neighbor on her lawn.
  • Go check on the neighbor boy who I am babysitting, to make sure he is still asleep on my bed.
  • He's awake.
  • The neighbor boy (NB) wakes up, comes outside, squishes two Halloween Oreos in his hand, trips, falls twice and melts down twice, gets kicked (or something) in the head by a bigger kid and has another melt down.
  • Haul Ella into her room potato sack style so she can finish her tantrum without my presence.
  • My neck still hurts. Cursed drunk driver!!!!
  • Get Ella out of her room. She PROMISES she will be nice.
  • NB goes home.
  • Kate gets home from school
  • Kate melts down because I told her she needs to apologize for something she did on accident.
  • Console Kate.
  • Chat with more neighbors.
  • Go inside and make dinner.
  • Let Kate go to a friends house which upon her departure causes Ella to melt down because she was not invited. (Talk about fat tears!)
  • Walk with Ella in tow to get Kate.
  • Go home and get the kids dinner
  • Force Ella to eat. Again.
  • Run bath water for Ella.
  • Help Kate with her homework.
  • Bathe kids.
  • Get the kids a snack.
  • Read to Ella about spiders (she picked the book!).
  • Spend the next hour in bed with Ella trying to get her to sleep.
  • Read with Kate.
  • Put Kate to bed.
  • Eat some dinner.
    Talk to Tyler.
  • Check my e-mail.
  • Write this post.
  • And now I will go to bed so I can prepare to do it all over again tomorrow. Can't wait.





I don't know why I was thinking of this picture but when I pulled it up to have a look it totally made me laugh! That was such a fun day, frolicking in the mucky mud of the Virgin River down in St. George with my Aunt and cousins. Fun day in August 2003.

2 comments:

khepworth said...

Try adding a couple of poopy bombshells to the mix. It spices things right up! Let me tell ya....

Becky Nelson said...

Wow, if I could only have a day like that. Just think, days always get batter. I love your blog. i still have a lot of questions to help out with mine, but for now take care.