Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here I Sit.....AND Our Top Ten For 2008

So here I sit like a bird in the wilderness waiting to have a baby. There are only a few hours left for 2008 and I don't think its going to happen. We can kiss that child tax credit goodbye.
Snap.
Oh well what can I do? I already shoveled snow on Christmas night, had my membranes stripped yesterday and still nothing. When I was preggers with Ella I went outside, bent over and heaved and heaved and heaved a giant, I mean giant weed out of the ground. A few hours later my water broke! I would love to do some yard work right now cause that would probably get things going but alas! - it's the middle of winter! Stupid winter. I hate winter more and more every year. We were sort of on a rhythm. We got married in 1998, had our first baby in 2000, 2nd baby in 2004 and how sweet would it be to have a baby in 2008? Just as sweet to have one in 2009.

2008 was a rough year for a lot of people what with the economy and everything but as usual we have been blessed and have nothing to complain about. Here is our list in no particular order:

1. Tyler and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in July.
I still say if you had told me in High School I would marry Tyler O.
I would have laughed in your face.
I am so glad I did.
2. Tyler started a new job in April which meant health insurance,
eye and dental insurance and of course he no longer works out
of town! Yea!
3. We found out we were having another baby in May.
The kids are sooo excited to have a sister.
4. Kate was baptized in May - we are so proud of her.
5. The kids and I (Tyler has been numerous times)
went to Bear Lake for the first time ever and
fell in love. We can't wait to go back.
6. We were able to spend a week or so in St. George at
my Aunt Jill's house. We love to visit her and look forward
to going every chance we get.
7. No major injuries or surgery for any
of us were required that meant the ER
or a hospital stay. That includes this pregnancy which is a first!
8. November marked 5 years since we bought our house.
We LOVE living where we do and are so blessed to have
great neighbors and friends here. We couldn't ask for more.
9. Ella started taking dance classes for the first time and had her
first recital in December. We officially have a star on our hands (and
a ham).
10. We had a great year and we are so grateful for our families and friends
who are always there whether it be good or bad. You are the best!

3 comments:

Adawn said...

Happy New year and good luck with Baby!!! Amber

khepworth said...

Are you sitting in a hotel room.....

Just blow extra hard on your new year's blower, maybe that will get the contractions going.

Happy New Year!

xoxo ~k

Robert smith said...


Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable post with us