Monday, December 15, 2008

An Update on The "It has to get done" list

We have been busy little bees at our house the last month and I am actually happy to report that A: I have not had any preterm labor, B: I have not killed anyone, and C: We have actually gotten some things done from my rather long list! My ever so cute 22 year old brother Eric came over today and basically was my slave all day. He did this out of the kindness of his heart and plus I think he likes to do it even though he probably wouldn't admit it out loud. Tyler has been run ragged doing all he has to to lately so Eric helped me get to some little things that needed attention. What a sweetie. I decided to put my list on here so I can feel like we are making progress with everything. First a rundown of what me and Eric did today.

*We hauled a chair out of my basement and took it to Tyler's sister
*Crushed about a million soda cans
*Halfway cleaned out the garage (it was a disaster!)
*Hauled out the old vanity from the basement and brought in the new one from the garage
*Put away all my patio furniture for the winter
*Eric shoveled some ice and snow from the back cement
*Moved all my newly acquired food storage to the basement
*And Eric watched my kids while I went grocery shopping! Yee Haw!


# Tear down the ceiling and walls in basement bedroom(DONE! Thanks Hepworths)
# Sheetrock, insulate, paint and put in new lights.(insulation and lights DONE!)
# Paint Ella's "new" headboard and foot board( Almost DONE!)
# Fix the duct work in basement bedroom(Getting there)
# Take down bunk beds and find some where to store them (Not even close)
# Move Kate and Ella to the newly done basement bedroom.(Not even close)
# Paint Kate and Ella's old room for new baby (Not even)
# Do not go into labor in the process of all of this work (So far so good!)
# Put up crib, changing table (This can't happen till some of the above gets done)
# Dig out baby clothes from the storage room (DONE!)
# Wash baby clothes so they don't smell (DONE!)
# Buy an infant carrier!!! (Not yet but I will get it this week)
# Get more food storage so we don't starve when its the end of the world (which is soon) (DONE!)
# Put up Christmas Tree and decorations (DONE!)
# Finish all Christmas shopping (Almost Done)

So much more to go but we are on the right track!

4 comments:

Kim Hoover said...

Wow! That is too much even for a person not pregnant...you are crazy! Just remember, if it all doesn't get done, it will at some point or another (never mind the demanding infant, she will sleep sometimes too)!

Allen Family said...

Impressive! I'm surprised you didn't induce labor and I can't believe you only have 30 days left. Gnarly.

khepworth said...

We're ready for another heat. Put us in coach!

Anonymous said...

So will I be painting the girls room before the baby gets her or after???

Just give me a call:)

Love ya Stacie