Monday, October 19, 2009

I Am Loved

Today is my birthday. I really don't get all that excited about birthdays anymore for myself. I guess I just don't really care that much. Its just a number anyway. I'm more concerned with the wrinkles and brown spots on my face. Those I hope to have zapped for my 40th. The only reason I have picked 40 is because it is going to take me that long to save enough money to have it all lasered off. I will be super hot!





I had a good laugh over this card. Man, do my friends know me
or what?

So I had a fab birthday which I totally was not expecting in the least. No fantastical presents to speak of, no big hoopla, no balloons, nobody tortured me by singing to me. I had a great day with out all of that and here is why: My family and friends love me and they all showed it in their own unique ways. First off, my kids. I love my kids. They are so cute and do and say the cutest things! Last night Kate gave me her and Ella's gift because she couldn't wait til today. She was just so excited I guess. I got this awesome coupon that reads:      "This is a coupon for...Cleaning the basement." I make them clean the basement anyway. I guess it will not be so painful knowing I will be redeeming a coupon to get them to do it.

 Love, kate and ella


 My home made card from the girls. Kate's specialty



 From Ella. It is a picture of me pushing her in the stroller.
How sweet. Could she get any cuter?

 My gift from Tyler was to be able to sleep in while he got the girls ready for Stake Conference. This is a treat for me because I always have to get them ready by myself since he is always at meetings. And of course Stake Conference means a Church Holiday for me! I love Church Holidays. The girls and Tyler cleaned up the house for me after wards and we headed out to my parents for dinner. My Mom got me some cute little things complete with a red velvet cake and a pumpkin streussal - whatever that is. It was good though.

 Cute AND Yummy!

We did not fly our kites at all this year so I decided that would be a great thing to do today for my birthday since I love to fly kites. We had some nice wind (the only time I like wind) and of course the kids got bored eventually leaving me and Tyler out there by ourselves. Tyler got one of the kites stuck in a tree and me being the Idaho girl that I am proceeded to climb the tree to get it down. Done. I rock at tree climbing. I have not lost those skills in the least.


Must....save.....the.....kite.....



 

I had lots of other treats and happy birthdays from friends and neighbors to make my day a good one as well. When we got home from my parents, this was taped by the front door.

 


It really is the little things that make me happy.  Tyler gave me a hug and told me he hoped I had had a good day and he was sorry that it wasn't more. It could not have been more. It was awesome.

3 comments:

khepworth said...

Sounds like you had a great day!
And you weren't kidding when you said you were way up there in that tree....You old fart!

Brittney said...

I'm glad it was such a great day. Looks like the whole family helped to make it that way! Love notes from the kiddos are the best!

emily b. said...

Old fart? You should tell Kanani that old farts can't climb trees, and well, that's exactly what you were doing! :) You are the youngest 34 year old I know. :)