Friday, February 22, 2008

To Delete or Not Delete

So I am thinking of shutting the ol blog down. Do I really need a blog? Why do I have this blog again anyway. Most of my family and most of my friends live within a few hours drive of me and know what's going on in my life for the most part. Really it is just one more thing to do. Its not really on track for the whole theme of 2008 for my life which is SIMPLIFY.
On the other hand I love the fact that I can rant and rave or whatever ABOUT whatever and send it out into cyberspace maybe to be read by someone. Not that I care that it gets read really its more of a theraputic type thing anyway. Sometimes I want to reveal more but I stop myself. Besides, the whole reason I started this blog is because of what a blog is: a log. A web log. I suck at journal writing and there are companies who will print your blog for you and turn it into a book. Talk about a cool journal. Maybe I just talked myself out of deleting. My Grandma kept a journal from the age of 7 until she died at 61. She would want me to keep it up because some/any sort of record keeping is better than none right? Yes....right.

10 comments:

Allen Family said...

Definitely keep! I agree completely with the journal serving purpose. Plus, even though we live close, look at how bad we've been at getting together. This way, I can vicariously know the life and times of the Olsens. Long live the blog!

Carolyn said...

Well, I read your blog. And I like it! I understand about simplifying your life, but I think your blog is great.

khepworth said...

I say Blog On, Lil' Blogger!It is like a journal. You may not do it everyday and that's okay.

I like seeing/hearing of your thoughts and adventures. Keep it up!

Becky Nelson said...

Rude!!! I would think that your favorite brother and his wife would be reason enough to keep your blog up and running. We only get to see you once a year, so we keep up with life events by going to your blog and you to ours. I really hope you keep it going.WE love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I say DELETE the thing.....

You really do live a very boring life that nobody is interested in.
You should focus more of your time on making jam and other tasty treats.

khepworth said...

To You Know Who I Am:

I think you should shut it!

alysha said...

There are many great things about having a blog and a few not so great things. Sometimes I feel pressure to update mine, and I don't like that. But what keeps me going on it is I have a very thorough documentation on what I have been doing the last year, and for those that are not near me, they do too!
So I say keep it up!
And I hope that above comment is meant to be VERY sarcastic otherwise I agree with Hepworth.

Brittney said...

It's a keeper! I love checking in on everyone. It's the only way I ever know what's going on with you all being on the other side of the country. It's so not a waste of time. You said it...it's a log and someday your family will have a blast reading it!

Jeff said...

You better keep blogging!!! There are some of us that stink at calling to say hi but want to see what y'all are up to.

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

I'm feeling your pain! Sometimes I feel like blogging is just one more thing on my long list of things I'm not doing. I say just update when you can. I love reading it.