Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Binki Fairy

My "excuses" for letting Ella have a binki well beyond her third birthday (almost fourth) are many, long and varied. Before I had children I would often make snap judgements about the way mothers would handle their children and such. It didn't take me long after I had kids to stop doing that especially since Ella has had a binki this long and I see the quizzical, sometimes disgusted looks I get from strangers when they see a binki in her mouth. That being said, I now know not to judge other mothers and the things they do especially when it comes to binkis!


A special pkg in the mail!

Last day of binkis

The tooth fairy doesn't leave notes!

Ella was really excited that the binki fairy came and actually was ok with putting them in the envelope to send to the babies. Her big surprise the next morning was a movie and some dress up shoes. She was really excited and has done better than I thought she would without her face plug. She has only asked for it a few times but does mention every once in a while that she is not a big girl but still little. ha ha We are on day 5 and counting! Heaven help us...

7 comments:

Brittney said...

What a cute idea! I wish we had the binky problem at our home, but I have a thumbsucker instead. I can't really send the thumb to the "thumb fairy." Any other creative ideas?!?

Mandy said...

That is a great idea!! Wish I knew that one when we were taking Devan's away. Ella is getting so tall!

khepworth said...

Very clever! Maybe there is a thumb fairy. Since she can't take the thumb away, maybe she could put a knife in the package and scare the kid into thinking he's getting his thumb cut off. HA-I'm only kidding.

Britt-I have a thumb sucker too! We've tried everything and have had no luck.

Roch did tell me of her neighbor whose pediatrition said she'd put a cast on the kid's hand. This thought never crossed my mind, but I have to agree, it is a good solution and one that we may have to resort to if the problem isn't solved by next school year....

Becky Nelson said...

I have learned to not care what other people think. You are a great mom and if a binki is Ella's only struggle, you are doing great. We are working on the potty with Bella. I am hoping she is trained before she is 3. We shall see. love ya.

Rochelle said...

Britt, I was going to tell you about the casting of the arm idea as well. Very clever! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! With ours, Curtis cut the nipples off the binkies. There was a lot of sobbing for a couple days, & she'd walk around saying Bibi-Bobo (Binki broken). Your way sounds much nicer. :)

Brittney said...

Maybe I'll have to take a trip to the Pediatrician : )