Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Little Outing

Today we went for a little outing to Wheeler Farm. I love this place because it's an actual working farm and I love animals. We have been telling Ella we would come back here in the spring "after the babies come out of the mama's bellies" as she would put it. Well, some of them are out so we came to check it out. It was a beaut of a day!

Ty, Ella, Kate and her friend LJ


My favorite part! I love baby lambs and could have stayed here all day. The farm dude in this picture had to sort of hold this sheep still so her new baby could suckle. At one point I was "helping" by putting my hand through the fence and getting the little lamb to suck. If I could have gotten in the pen I would have. As I was helping, this little girl is watching and asks me, "Are you his wife?". Me and farmer dude start laughing it up and then as he was getting ready to drive away he tells me that if I am his wife he wants to have steak and salad for dinner. He wishes! Funny guy though.

Such cute babies!


This little chick was all alone. He was the only one left after someone broke into the cage and stole thirty of his friends. Seriously, who does that? Go to IFA already!

Ty's new buddy




Bacon, bacon we love bacon...ha ha

7 comments:

Brittney said...

So fun! I love Wheeler Farm and the little farm at Thanksgiving Point. Too bad I'm not bringing any kids this next trip so that I could go there.

Becky Nelson said...

I wish we had a place that cool. Baby animals are so cute. Oh, I just noticed Katie has glasses, she looks so cute. When did she get them??? We hope you had a great easter.

Allen Family said...

Love Wheeler Farm.
Cooper was asking about Ella and her 2 kitties the other day, so we need to plan a playdate. And it sounds like Scott and Tyler need to have a pancake cook-off.

What's your week like next week? Let me know and maybe we can get together. And I still desperately want/need your gardening skills for my sad, sad flower beds!

Rochelle said...

Next week sould be good. How about wednesday? I did divide about a million irisis from my yard and you are welcome to them if you want! I hate to see them go to waste. I will call you later this week.

Jeff said...

When did your kids grow up? I miss the sweet kate wanting me to paint pictures of spongebob!

Jami said...

Rochelle, I finally remembered your blog address! I was suprised to see a picture of Larrin when I got on there . . . thanks for taking her to Wheeler Farm with you. She loved it! Now Marley is begging me to take her, too.

I love all the pics, by the way.

khepworth said...

Poor little chickie! Seriously, who does do that? Sounds like I need to make a trip to the farm with the kiddos.