Saturday, March 29, 2008

To My Kindred Spirits

To my kindred spirits who love old things, this is my "tribute" to old windows. I love them. I don't know why really. I am just drawn to them for some reason and try to come up with cool ideas to decorate with them. Here are a few...

I got this window in St. George and with a lot of persuasion, Tyler strapped it onto the roof of our car and we drove it home in a snow storm. It survived unscathed. It was from an old school house.
When I got the window the paint was cracked and peeling so I blasted the white off and got busy priming.

This is how it looks right now in my living room. It is still a work in progress. The bottom 5 panes are rock, the next 5 I used glass marbles to represent grass and then of course flowers (and if you know me, you know I love flowers!) and I have larger glass marbles I am going to use as the sky and sun. I am not sure at this point where in my house it is going to live because hanging it up is going to be a big problem. After adding all those marbles it now weighs a ton!

This window I got from the guy we hired to replace the windows in our house. He apparently likes old windows too and saved this one from a different job he was doing. I had a friend matte it and add the pictures of me and Ty. This one lives in my bedroom.

An old window from our house.
I have this one hung out on my patio and hang flowers and herbs to dry there in the summer.

I saved all the windows from our house and here they sit in my garage. I am waiting for inspiration.....

Another from our house. I painted it green but I am not sure what else I am going to do.

7 comments:

Brittney said...

I love these old windows...I just don't have the vision of what to do with them. You gave me some great ideas though. You are very talented. Yours look great!

Allen Family said...

I've got one hanging up in my downstairs room that I love. You'd like.

We still on for tomorrow??

Mandy said...

So cute Rochelle! I love the flowers and rock. How cool are you? You have inspired me!!

Danielle said...

so cute, rochelle, you were holding back. Look at the artist in you. I love the huge red window. I am so glad you posted these. Your garage looks like mine with a stack of old windows.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

emily b. said...

love them! You are going to make a million with all your creativity!

Hollye said...

Hi, I am also Becky's Sister inlaw, and that is our connection. I think we might have met years ago( I am not sure) it feels like we have anyway. I thought I would write a comment on the kinred spirit spirit post, it seemed so right. I promise you I am NOT a crazy stalker, just a connection that finds you to be a very neat person. I loved your post about the Leaving the baby in the car, I have also had a similar exp. Only the cops were waiting for me when I returned 1 miute later.No Joke! It was another old Bitty w/o a life who decided to tell some cops that just so happened to be very near by, and i had no idea.Anywhew, I really do enjoy the things you have to say, and if you ever care to see who is writing you this seriouly LONGGG comment go to your Little brother's blog and click on ours
Take Care,
Holly