Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blast From The Past

My brother sent me a link to all of his pictures from their recent vacation here in Utah. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the photos of my grandparents on the farm and me and all of my cousins when we were kids. It made me miss my G & G so much and how I wish they were still alive. What a raw deal. They both died in their early sixties. I admit I shed a few tears as I looked at some of these pictures. Must be the pregnancy hormones.


How dear to this heart
are the scenes of my childhood,
When fond recollection
presents them to view.

-Woodworth


A classic. I spent a lot time "doing" my Grandpas hair. He didn't have
much to work with but was a good sport about it nonetheless. I miss him!


From left to right: Ricky, Me, Brandon Whitmore and Christy Whitmore

We would BEG and BEG and BEG my Grandpa to give us rides on the
tractor this way. It was awesome. A favorite.

The whole gang ridin' tractor style

Maybe this is why raw meat grosses me out? A farm classic. Kill the chickens,
pluck their feathers and then gut them. I am at the far left. I clearly was heavily involved.

Chicken slaughter = Good Times


Digging spuds on my Grandpa's farm. My great-grandma is on the far left

More spud action

The next day after my parents wedding reception. The truck is loaded
with gifts from the reception. Provo or bust!

Our house in Hibbard

Ricky and Weston.....have a secret



Playing dress up at Grandma's house was awesome. She had this storage room full of
old dresses and clothes and it was affectionately called "The costume room". We loved it and
it really killed alot of long boring summer hours.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that sounds like an amazing childhood!!
Meagan

Brittney said...

What fun memories. There was nothing better than growing up in the country.

Jen said...

Great pictures. I have to comment that you look just like your grandpa. The picture where you are doing his hair looks exactly like you! Crazy. I hope you are feeling well.

Caroline said...

Holy Hick! Just kidding, that looks so lovely. It also explains a LOT about you.

The Clark said...

wow. that was sooooo trippy. totally relived my entire childhood there. those were my stompin grounds too and all of those faces (even your older uncles) were so familiar and entrancing to me.

i loved the pics of your mom & dad after their reception. i remember them so clearly. i remember you enlightening me as to what went down in their bedroom after hours (i was shocked!). also, because of my life experience, i got so curious about them. how they found each other. how wonderful your dad was to take you guys in. really cool. thanks for sharing those.