Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oh Baby!

A labor story...
I'm pretty sure I started going into labor last Sunday the 11th because I was in pain with contractions and cramping all night. I finally took some tylenol early in the morning and was able to get some sleep for a while. At about 10am the contractions started in high gear although I am still not convinced I am in labor at this point. I guess I was waiting for some big bodily event - like contractions aren't enough! At 12pm I drove the preschool carpool, came home and did some laundry and then went to the couch where I stayed. In the meantime, pain was increasing but I was still not sure I was in labor! What a goof. I decided to call my Doc and ask what she thought and they told me to call labor and delivery. So I called LnD and they made me feel like an idiot because (as the nurse on the phone pointed out) my water had not broken, I wasn't bleeding and my contractions were only 8 minutes apart - so what was my labor question?
I called my Doc and they told me to go to LnD. Somebody make a decision already! So I called Tyler, made arrangements for my Mom to take my kids and away we went. By this time I was in major pain and told Tyler if I am not in labor then just go ahead and shoot me. I was dialated to a six and they took me straight to a delivery room where after much demanding on my part that the anesthesiologist get here stat, he finally got me my epidural! God bless the epidural! I can't say it enough!
A Baby Story...
After I was mucho comfy (which means pain free) and a few pushes, THE moment I had been anxiously anticipating for 9 months finally came and Sophie Claire was here! She was cute, pink and didn't even cry, just made a few squeaks. To me, having a baby is the most amazing experience and so I usually am in a euphoric state following delivery. We make the cutest babies and the fact that my body grew this precious thing brings me to tears. What is more joyous than that? She weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and was 19 inches long. My biggest baby thus far. Kate weighed 5 lbs 6 oz and Ella was 5 lbs 9 oz. which is almost a whole pound more but thats ok because she is still so tiny. We love her!
Being at home....
Tyler took the rest of the week off from work, I came home on wednesday from the hospital and so far we have been adjusting pretty well. I have not officially left the house yet and I must admit I am scared to do so. The air is soooooo disgusting right now with the inversion and I don't even dare leave to go on a walk with or without the baby. Sophie had her nights and days turned around at first but last night she only woke up twice which meant sleep for me! Yeah! I love sleep and me with out sleep = grrrrrrrr. Right now I have about 8 loads of laundry to fold and email to send out but, "Babies don't keep we've learned to our sorrow, so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."


Do laundry or hold this sweet thing?
A week old yesterday!

13 comments:

The Clark said...

yeahhh!!! i love her. cute name. congrats olsens!

Becky Nelson said...

YOu do make cute babies. She is so cute. WE can't wait to meet her.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! I've been checking your blog every day waiting for the announcement and pictures! :)

Debbie said...

So adorable! Thanks for writing out the story too; I love birth stories. I hope we see you soon.

Caroline said...

Hold that baby! If you want to do laundry, I would be happy to hold the baby and watch you.

Kim Hoover said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad you can finally have your body back...kind of! I'm sure your girls are gobbling her right up. Enjoy every minute!

~Michelle~ said...

Rochelle, she is a beauty!
I'm glad she's here. If I wasn't swimming in all sorts of sick germs over here, I'd be over there holding her now.
Congrats you guys!
I would also like to second Caroline's comment ;)

Allen Family said...

Yeah, Roch! Congrats, she's lovely and good work!
Kisses!

emily b. said...

Hold her! Hold her, hold her! Nothing else matters! :) She's beautiful- good job momma!

Brittney said...

I'd hold that sweet little gal any day over doing the laundry. I wish I was there so that I could actually hold her!

Jeff said...

YEAH!!! We can't wait to see that stinkin' cute baby of yours!

Pugh Fam

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you told the story. She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! And compared to my babies, she is tiny. I'm so glad you aren't pregnant anymore too. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see her.

Meridee said...

Oh she is so sweet. I can't wait to see her in person.