Saturday, September 05, 2009

Tis' The Season...

This is fall! My Mom gave me all of these dwarf peaches from her tree so I decided to can them. Aren't they ever so pretty? I don't know what it is about canning but it gives me a feeling of immense accomplishment.  Knowing that there is a little bit of the Summer of 2009 stored away for winter eating is an awesome feeling. I use my Grandma's canner (I found out yesterday that it is vintage!) and I can't help think of her every time I pull it out. I'm sure she would be very pleased knowing that her 'posterity' as she would say, is canning. Today I think I will tackle tomatoes. They are quite easy to do and then if I am feeling up to it -potatoes!                                         
This is what I made for dinner on Thursday. Everything is fresh from the garden except the pineapple and the chicken - that came from the store. I used tomatoes, potatoes, onion, zuchinni, green pepper, marinaded the chicken in Mr. Yoshida's sauce, and then threw it on the grill. Yum! I tell Tyler that I am a great cook. I think he might be starting to believe me.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm so impressed by your canning and cooking abilities! I did some salsa, but it turned out to be REALLY hot. I should bring it to Midvale:)

khepworth said...

glad to see you got some canning in this summer. Summer just wouldn't be the same if you didn't.

You dinner kabob's look delish!